We spend 9 months buying everything we’re told we need for our brand new baby. We buy everything our parents and friends tell us to but we still forget some things unknowingly. So the day comes when you take your beautiful bundle of joy home! Then at 2 am after being home for 2 weeks, baby gets a diaper rash and you realize that you never picked up rash cream. A tragedy, trust me. Following our must-haves would’ve helped your delirious and tired self be a bit more prepared.
I’m sharing our 7 Newborn Must-Haves! I seriously couldn’t live without any of these products.
- Aquaphor– This stuff is the bees knees for diaper rashes. We had initially bought a natural brand that just didn’t get rid of the rash. I tried Aquaphor and BAM! the rash was gone within hours.
- Portable Sound Machine– I would clip this little thing onto the carseat and she’d immediately fall asleep. It was pure magic! The Rohm Sound Machine actually charges with a USB making it super perfect for on-the-go.
- SnuggleMe Lounger– After holding Vivian for hours, my arms would get so tired. I’d just place this on the couch or bed with me then lay her in it. She would sleep a few hours! (thank goodness) It helps babies feel like their in your arms. We still use this!
- Thermometer– When you’re in the hospital, they check the babies temperature every hour. When we got home, I was constantly worried that Vivi had a fever. I would pop the thermometer out at any time! Also, make sure to get an oral/rectal thermometer as best readings are rectal.
- Swaddle– We seriously swear by the Copper Pearl Swaddles. They feel like you favorite comfy t-shirt and are so stretchy. It helps get a nice swaddle on baby while also letting them have room to move around.
- Owlet Smart Sock– This thing is a life saver! Place it right on baby’s foot and it tracks their heart rate and oxygen levels. If either drops below recommended levels, a red alarm goes off at the base. We had one scare with it and caught it right away. With the high risk of SIDS in infants, I recommend it to any parent. It is worth every single penny!
- Mustela No Rinse Cleansing Water– Most babies get what they call “baby acne”, so normal. Put some of this on a cotton pad and gently rub over the acne. It cleared up Vivi’s baby acne overnight! You can also use this to wipe baby down in between baths in those early days.
What are your must-haves for newborns?! I’d love to hear and share with other mamas!
Disclaimer: this post contains affiliate links. This means I may earn a commission should you chose to sign up for a program or make a purchase using my link. It’s okay – I love all of these companies anyways, and you will too!