Growing up, we didn’t do much traveling. Truthfully, I didn’t really start to travel until I was 16. Something Lee and I keep telling ourselves is that we want to show our children the world, regardless of their age. So with that, you have to make sure you have everything they need when traveling. As adults, you can get by with filling up a backpack with a toothbrush and change of clothes. With children, you have to make sure you have multiple outfits (in case one gets dirty), items incase they get sick, etc. The list goes on and on.
Since we went on our first vacation with our 2 month old recently, I wanted to share our packing list with you. We kept it pretty minimal (in my opinion, but definitely not in my husband’s LOL). Always assess where you will be visiting as different items will be needed for your little one.
- Outfit for everyday
- Onesie for everyday – as an extra, you never know when a blowout will happen!
- Sleepers/Pajamas for every night
- Sunhat – Especially if a beach vacation!
- Sunscreen – Necessary if spending a lot of time outdoors
- Diaper Cream – Would be worse if you didn’t!
- Diapers – OBVIOUSLY, we purchased them when we got to our destination to save room in luggage! But if not, pack enough for 10 a day, it’s okay to have extra!
- Wipes – 1 pack per week is a good rule of thumb.
- Baby Body Wash
- Thermometer – Fevers can happen anytime, especially if flying.. germs will be leaking everywhere!
- Tylenol – Again, fevers can happen any time.
- Nail Clippers – I always keep these in the diaper bag, sometimes it seems like their nails grow overnight.
- Swaddle – We swear by swaddling at bed time!
- 2 Blankets – For tummy time, hanging out on, etc.
- Dockatot/SnuggleMe– We use the SnuggleMe and just put it right in the bed with us! Then we didn’t have to carry around a pack n play.
- Pack N’ Play – If you don’t prefer co-sleepers. These can also be used for play time when on the beach or patio.
- Pacifiers – Our LO doesn’t use these, but if yours does… pack extra!
- Bottles – If bottle-fed, this is a no brainer, but pack extra!
- Haakaa – For breastfeeding mamas, still need to collect that letdown milk!
- Breastmilk Storage Bags – For my BF mamas.
- Toys– Since they’re still little, rattle and a ball should keep them entertained.
- Hand Sanitizer – Because there are germs EVERYWHERE!
You can find my travel faves on Amazon here:
What else do you pack for your little one when traveling?
Disclaimer: this post contains affiliate links. This means I may earn a commission should you chose to sign up for a program or make a purchase using my link. It’s okay – I love all of these companies anyways, and you will too!